Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hot Tip #3: If you need to drink more water, buy a toy!

One of my on-going personal goals is to drink more water. I was tracking my water through a food diary a year ago and never managed to get the smiley that came with 64 oz of consumption. I’ve indulged myself in bottled water binges. I drank Smart Water for a while and still love it. I was the girl in college who bought a new Nalgene bottle everytime she came up with a cute color combination and some awesome stickers. I still have almost all of them (pack rat!!). My bf had a similar problem but decided dehydration was just how it was going to be. I figured toys always get me excited about things, why not try this on someone else. I offered to buy him a water consumption “toy”. We went to our local camping supply store and he selected the Camelbak Better Bottle. It’s spill proof so not only do you not drip water down the front of your shirt all the time (who me?) but you can literally just let the thing roll around in your car full. It sort of seems like you’re drinking an adult sippy cup, but after the initial embarrassment, you realize how awesome it is. I went and got one myself a few weeks after I bought one for the bf (who is no longer dehydrated). I convinced my friend to just suck it up and stop spilling her nalgene at work. Most recently, I convinced my water-hating bff to get a cute little 16 oz one for law school. Even she’s a convert. So if you need to drink more water, buy yourself a new water bottle that will excite you enough to use it a lot. Look into the Camelbak ones, they’re FABULOUS.

-Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment