Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hot Tip #2: Add Sparkling Water to Your Fruit Juice

Hot tip: To Cut calories and still enjoy soda taste: Add juice to sparkling water.


I have a mild soda addiction. A few years ago I discovered Izze Soda which is fruit juice with sparkling water. It tastes fantastic, but to put it in perspective: they sell it at Starbuck’s. So one day, I decided I could take matters into my own hands. I added No Sugar Added (read: lower-cal) Cranberry Pomegranate juice which is a little bitter on its own to Raspberry Lime Sparkling Poland Spring. For some reason the Poland spring sparkling water is the only component that I refuse to change. I just don’t like “seltzer water”. My favorite thing about this hot tip is that it’s very customizable and cost friendly. Bottle of juice: $3, Bottle of water: $1. Name brand competition: $2/serving. I recommend picking a strongly flavored juice since you are effectively watering down your juice. Mix and enjoy!!

-Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment